Already 1795 signatories in 48 countries!
Why should I sign?
Free Software users, individuals as well as organizations are invited to sign this Free Software usage declaration.
Signing this declaration is a way to show the importance that every one of us pays to Free Software and our demand that Free Software users' and developers' rights are taken into consideration by the legislator and that the use, production and distribution of Free Software are encouraged by public service.
It is also a way to incitate candidates to sign the Free Software Pact, by clearly bringing in evidence the number of people caring about Free Software and digital freedoms in the digital era.
This usage declaration has been proposed since 2007 by the French initiative Candidats.fr and has been signed by over 18 000 persons! To check it out, see the candidats.fr website.
- 2016-09-16 A signatory from France
- 2016-09-07 Henning Jacobs, Germany
- 2016-06-06 Emmanuel Macron, France
- 2016-06-01 Antoine Bordallo
- 2016-01-31 Thomas Göbel, Germany
- 2016-01-04 Frédéric Da Vitoria, France
- 2015-10-14 Philippe Schmillen, Belgium
- 2015-09-28 Paul De Neyer, Belgium
- 2015-09-15 Jonathan Deschamps, France
- 2015-07-24 Richard Ulrich, Switzerland
- See all signatures